Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School!

Today was Sierra's First Day of School, 3rd Grade!
Isn't she so cute and yes that cute bag is her lunch box!
We got there and the teacher had them immediately start trying to connect a series of 9 dots with out lifting their pencil. Sierra got right to work. I was standing by her not sure if she was ready for me to leave and whe turned to me and said "mom you can go." Wow, huge for her, okay, here I go! :)
Ashton on the other hand, I took him to preschool and he would not let me go. Crying and he had a death grip on my sweatpants. Ms. Jan helped me she grabbed him and was holding him and being very sweet, "let's wave to mommy, she'll blow you kisses." I did wave and blew my son kisses as he stood at the window waving and crying. I stepped off the sidewalk today and cried. So hard when they are holding on so tight and crying...I was now by myself and my emotions came over me. I kept busy and before I knew it it was time to get him, he had a great day-fun as usual!
I was excited to hear about Sierra's day when I went to get her. She said her day was great, so much fun. She loves her new school and she said she made a new friend named Brittany. We were asking her tons of questions, where she ate lunch, what she did at recess? She said they put a box of toys and games out in the parking lot in the back that the kids played with (she said the puddle jumpers were fun) and at lunch she ate in the cafeteria, they had tables to sit at. She sat with Morgan S., Carlie G., Kaitlin G. They played a lot of Getting To Know You games in her classroom and she is learning how to say the alphabet backwards.
After school we went to say goodbye to the Daniel's. They are moving to Colorado tomorrow. Kerry called me last night to tell me they were moving and asked if we could come over because Gracie wanted to say goodbye to her best friend in the whole world. We put a photo book together for them with pictures of when we babysat them and Sierra and Ashton both wrote notes to Gracie and Ava. We took Gracie home with us so she and Sierra could play one last time and she had dinner with us and then we took her home. Sierra kept telling Gracie that she will miss her so much and Gracie was doing the same. Ashton told her that he will miss her too and that he loves her! :) So sweet! We are excited for the Daniel family. They have all of their family in Colorado and have wanted to move back for a while. We wish them the best of everything!!!

2 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

I started crying when you talked about Ashton and preschool. I know I'm going to be a mess on Monday :)

The 6-S Ranch said...

Sierra's new school sounds great! Can't wait to hear more about it:)