Thursday, September 23, 2010

No more...

Well, there we have it, my daughter has one by one learned that all the fairy tale, magical creatures are not real. Yesterday she asked me, "mom how come the note from Santa looked just like your writing?"
Mom: um, I wrote it.
Si: WHY?
Mom: because I'm santa.
Si: WHAT?!
Mom: I'm so so sorry!
Si: (Disappointed) It's okay.
Later she was in bed and she asked again, "you really are santa."
Mom: yep
Si: Then who was that at Vincenzo's, he even had a drivers license that said Santa? and Grandpa's friend likes to say that he is Santa.
Mom: Well, some people who look like Santa like to pretend that they are Santa.
Si: (tears) I just feel like there is no magic in the world anymore!
Mom: There is still magic and miracles. and this fact doesn't change the fact that there will still be presents and a stocking full of goodies Christmas morning.
Si: Will I still get money under my pillow when I lose a tooth?
Mom: Yes. You know the truth but nothing changes. You still get all the goodies! :)
I was so sad for her, I remember when I asked my mom if Santa was real and she shook her head no. I was crushed.
My baby girl is truly growing up!

2 comments:

meg said...

ohhhhhhhh :( just hearing about that makes me sad too. reality can be so harsh :( you did a good job reassuring her!

Kerrie said...

sad.......... i know so many tell the truth. I just don't think I can. My Mom still hasn't admitted it to me. Why oh Why do they have to grow up.