Friday, July 20, 2012

Shots!

Yesterday my Sierra had to have her 11 yr. physical. She had to have 2 immunizations. I didn't let them give her HPV4. Before they gave her the shots she didn't want me to stand by her and hold her hand, she said, "I'm good." She tried to be so brave and afterwards she cried. Then we had to go to the lab to have blood drawn to check for anemia. She was so nervous and started to cry while we waited. This time she held my hand. She cried going home. She didn't know what she wanted, I said "do you want Tutti Frutti?" She said "no, I just want to go home." I was driving in our track and she said "I want icecream!" So I quickly turned out and we went and got icecream. She got a HUGE one and filled it over the top. Poor baby! I guess these vaccines never get easier even as your kids get bigger.
Last night we walked as a family to the park. We played baseball together as a family too. Then we walked home all together. Sierra and Ashton helped me make spaghetti and it was so yummy. Such a great evening TOGETHER.

No comments: