Sunday, November 4, 2012

No time to blog...having too much FUN!

On October 21st we drove out to NewPort Beach to meet up with my dad and Tori. We went to the Gardens and played at the park. Briana joined up with us. Dad made spaghetti for dinner. We stayed the night Sunday night. Monday we went to Laguna and me and Sierra got a toe ring...Sierra's first one! :)
Then we went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then to the Mantage Beach. The most beautiful beach in California! The water is clear and there are tide pools and a rock tunnel.
We went back to the hotel and swam and then had pizza and salad for dinner. Then we went home with our sad faces on. :(
 On October 25th Sierra went on a field trip to the beach for team building skills. They had surf lessons, look at these girls=so cute!
On October 26th Sierra had her first school dance. WHAT?! She was so excited. I was not ready for that! In fact when I dropped her off I stood at the window and watched until Ashton wouldn't let me watch any more. I had the whole conversation with her ahead of time "If I boy asks you to dance what will you do?"
S: I will say NO!
M: No, you can dance with boys, in fact the youth are taught to never say no but if the same creepy boy keeps asking you to dance than just say "I have a rule that I have to dance with someone new every song"
S: Oh that's good mom!
M: Oh and this is how you hold your arms when you dance and don't forget to pretend there is a book of mormon between the two of you, maybe 10 book of mormons. :)
S: Okay :)
M: Phew! Don't feel old enough to be having this conversation with my daughter. :)
She looked so cute! She had SO MUCH FUN!!! She couldn't stop talking about it when we picked her up. She danced the WHOLE time and they never played any slow songs. YAY!
The same night Ashton went to Ninja Night at Martial Arts, that was a slumber party but we don't do slumber parties so after we picked Sierra up we went and got Ashton. He had the time of his life too! He wants to do EVERY ninja night.
Jake and I went to his parents house and visited with Grandpa Elmo, Aunt Leanne and Aunt Pam and cousin Tori.
On October 27th it was Make a Difference Day. We stood in front of Albertsons and asked for donations for our Food Drive for the Food Pantry. We had so many generous people along with a spiratic few poopers. Overall it was a great experience and great for my Ashton who is extremely shy and he actually was asking people for donations. :)

Tuesday, October 30th was our Ward Halloween Party.
I had class so Jake took the kids and manned a room and he did it all by himself, he's awesome. I had a pile of stuff by the front door for him to take to decorate his room and chips to hand out. Even cornbread muffins to turn in to the kitchen but that didn't happen, a little to much to handle.  :)
Sierra enjoyed being with her friends! Here she is with Amanda W...Sister Munoz took this, Thank you!
An artist and a zombie!

Dad even dressed up as a zombie too! :)
The next morning, Halloween! We did it all over again!

Ashton was in a parade! Sierra can't do the parades anymore, only through 5th grade. She still dressed up though and was adorable!
We dropped Sierra off at Karlie's house so they could trick or treat together. What is happening?!!!
The rest of us went to Saugus to celebrate with all the family. My brother's in-laws warmly welcomed us in their home. I brought my cornbread muffins I made for the ward party and a pumpkin apple dip that was amazing.
We ate apples, chili, cornbread and salad until we were stuffed silly and then it was time to trick or treat. YAY!



Trick or treating was SO MUCH FUN! It was Lucy's first time, she was so cute! We walked outside and it was like Disneyland. There were people everywhere. There were 2 haunted houses and we went inside one of them. It was set for non-scary before 8:00 so we could take the little boys in. They did a fantastic job. Some people had the whole front of their house transformed. They went all out! There were people dancing "Thriller" in the street. The best Trick or Treating EVER!!! What a fun night.
Sierra had a great time too! Her friend's brother did a spook alley so she had a couple of scares. :) She wants to come with us next year. :)

2 comments:

Brittany Webster said...

Looks like you are having fun! I can't believe Sierra had a school dance. Yikes! :) Miss you all!

KickButtMommy said...

You sure have been busy! That's so great. Love you guys!