Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Today, Jake and I are celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary. We are High School Sweethearts, we dated for 4 years before we got married. We've watched each other graduate High School, COC :), Police Academy's. We've run in 5K's together. We've traveled together. We've gone through two pregnancy's and from what I hear (from my mom) I'm not easy to be around when I'm pregnant but Jake is good to me. :) We have had our ups and our downs and we are still in love. We have been through alot together and so far have had many adventures. We are excited to see what adventures await us.

Jake, because we are celebrating 10 years of our life together I am going to tell you 10 things that I love most about you!

1. I love the way that you love me and take care of me.

2. You make me laugh and smile with your great sense of humor.

3. We have so much fun together.

4. You are so strong and so handsome.

5. You are a great dad to our children.

6. I love how great you communicate with me.

7. I love your passion for life.

8. I love that we can excercise together.

9. I love that you are such a hard worker and you have such a great desire to provide for us.

10. I love that you love our Savior and that you honor your Priesthood.
There are more that I just can't leave out...I get so excited when I know I'm going to see you. You still give me butterflies. You still make me weak in the knees when you kiss me. :)

I love you so much and will love you forever!



Not many can say that they went to a High School Prom together. :)

In our dating years we snorkeled in Catalina.


One of our great memories, you took me to The Phantom of the Opera.

You were in the Police Academy and we went to Mandalay with my family, still dating.



Finally, our magical day! June 18, 1999





Our romantic honeymoon at the Chimney Sweep Inn. We stayed in that building right behind us. LOVED IT, can't wait till you take me back! :)



Such a magical time, the birth of our first baby! Definately the beginning of an adventure.


An equally magical time, birth of our 2nd baby. A boy, another adventure.




So many adventures, so many memories, so much fun! Can't wait to see what happens next...


5 comments:

La Familia Young said...

Yesterday I looked at our calendar and I knew it was your anniversary, but then the day got busy and I wasn't able to send a card or anything! :( You guys are so cute together. We love you very much. Ten years ia a big deal! I am so glad you guys got to something fun. Happy wedding anniversary!! We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Take care!

cathyg said...

Congratulations, Vanessa! I remember when you were my kids' babysitter! You have always been amazing and Jake is lucky to have you! I am happy for you both!

The 6-S Ranch said...

Happy Anniversary guys!!! These are some great pictures...I love the prom one:) Oh heck, I love all of 'em!

Tori Whitmore said...

What a great example you both are to our family! Your love for each other is contagious. Reading your anniversary blog felt like a walk down memory lane for me as well.

KickButtMommy said...

I love you guys! What a beautiful couple!