Saturday, July 17, 2010

Champs!

Parents Relay; I got a phone call Friday night from one of the mom's asking if I would swim on the mom's relay team. I always get so nervous. I wanted us to do well! We got 2nd, we wanted 1st but we are ok with 2nd. :) I swam before Sierra even got in for her first race. AND we (9-10 age group) didn't have to be there until 9am, we are usually there by 7am. These Championship meets take FOR.EVER!


Sierra's first race was the Medley Relay

THEY got 1st! :)
It was such a HOT day! Jake is pretty much hiding in the bushes. We were trying to find any shade we could. Jake said, "I'm melting out here!"Sierra swam her individual breaststroke and then she swam individual butterfly
So dang cute!
Her last swim of the season was the freestyle relay and one of the girl's was missing from her relay team so the coaches had Sierra swim twice. She swam the 1st leg and totally pulled ahead and her team was in 1st. Then she swam the last leg too and her team was behind, in 2nd place and she was catching the girl in 1st. Her team ended up getting 2nd. I am so proud of Si. She swam twice and both times it was 2 laps so she was tired. She was such a trooper and swam her heart out! She did so so great! What a way to finish the season!

4 comments:

Kerrie said...

Great job Sierra! I have to say I am a little jealous that swim is over for you. OUr last meet is the Saturday before school starts.

Briana said...

I'm glad the baby didn't come so you could be there for the last race! There are so many things happening that make me think... "Oh, I'm glad the baby didn't come yet."

Tori Whitmore said...

I love that last picture! She is totally following in moms footsteps. I'm so proud of her. She is such a great and dependable team player. Way to go Si.

meg said...

WAY TO GO SIERRA! Wow, what a great job! And Vanessa, you are one brave chick to get out there and do the parent's relay - you go girl! :)