This has been a burning question for months now from our very observant daughter. She has watched as mommy and daddy have gone from doctor's appt. to doctor's appt. to try to bring another baby into this world and she wonders what daddy's role is. And I would just say, "soon, I will sit with you and tell you very soon." Well, today was the day. I pulled up diagrams of the male and female reproductive organs on the computer. We sat and looked at all the parts and the medical terms for each one. She has a children's book that talks about how babies are made but never gets to the punch line. So she has heard the word sperm before. So as we are looking at the diagrams she says, "yeah but how does the sperm get in there, is it just POOF!" Well, the punch line came and she started laughing. "Wait, it just goes in there? You mean you just stick it in there!" More laughing amongst the both of us and then she says, "EWWWWW!"
The sweetest, tender, most bonding moment was at the end when I got emotional telling her the importance of waiting until marriage. Until she finds someone that she is so in love with and then it is so magical and beautiful. Making a baby! I was emotional, she got emotional and even came and sat on my lap as we talked some more about how perfect Heavenly Father made our bodies so that we could bring his children to earth.
Most important, I hope I am building a trusting relationship with my little girl that she knows and will always remember that she can come and talk to me about anything!
Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
again, you are such a great example of how to do things right. thank you for sharing this. i appreciate it.
Great Job Mommy:) you are such a good mom:) Happy b-day to Ashton too!
Oh Vanessa....... I didn't know this, that you have been trying for another sweet baby - what wonderful news :)
And once again, I just have to say it my friend: BEST. MOM. EVER. Believe it, because it's so true :)
xoxo
Post a Comment