Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Day...

Today was a happy day...Mother's day and Granny's actual birthday! My kids and hubby are so sweet to me...it was a great day!

We went to church and church was so great, great speakers, great lessons. I was in YW's and in comes hubby to serve all of us leaders with a yummy cinnamon roll and strawberries, what a treat! The best part (for the girls) is then the Bishop came in and said all the girls get to have a cinnamon roll and strawberries too! That just made their day! :)
Right after church we went to Granny's for lunch.
Sam performed the bagpipes for us, so COOL!



Granny got a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, she LOVES it! She told us of a story when her kids were little and they weren't going to get a Christmas tree. Her kids were so sad so she said OK we will go but we have to find a tree that only cost $1. So off they went to the Christmas tree farm. They saw the worst looking tree in the place and asked the man if they could buy it for $1. The man said, "oh lady, you don't want that tree, that's a Charlie Brown tree!" She had no idea at this time what that meant. She said "so can we have it for $1?" He said, "I wouldn't sell you that tree!" So Granny said, "you mean we can HAVE it!" He said, "yes, you can have it!" Uncle Bob held the tree out the window the whole way home and when they got home her kids decorated it. She thought it was the most beautiful tree they ever had. From that time on she always would go to the Christmas tree farm and look for the worst tree in the lot. A Charlie Brown tree!



Then we had a performance by Sam, Timmy and Jack on their violins.









We left Granny's and stopped by Terry and Janelle's to say Happy Mother's Day and then we came home and Jake and the kids made me dinner in bed. A BLT with strawberries and I LOVED every minute of it. I finished dinner and stayed in bed and read my book. I felt so spoiled.






and while I was reading I popped open my gift from Sierra and enjoyed. It was a can and the label said "PULL TAB, The contents of this can are to be used purely for the treatment of stress due to motherhood. When feeling such ailments, procure quiet room, lock door, and consume immediately. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!"



Inside were peanut M&M's and pretzel M&M's, 2 of my fav, so yummy!


Sierra also wrote a poem and gave it to me, Jake's mom, my mom, Sophi, Briana and Miriam.
"Mother's Day Poem"

Mother's special day only comes once a year,

For aunts, grammys, grandmas that we hold so dear,

Without them, life would never be complete,

Until the first moment you really meet,

So show them you love them, give them a rose or two,

Then tell them mommy, grandma, auntie...

I LOVE YOU!!


I am grateful to be a mommy!

No comments: