Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's overwhelming!

So much to catch up on. I had my first BIG exam in Microbiology today so I feel a tiny bit of relief. However, I have a quiz I need to be studying for on Thursday. I just can't forget the most recent events, cause they are kind of big ones. :)
Ashton received his 2nd tip on his orange belt in MMA. He was pretty excited!


This beautiful little lady had a birthday and we went to PC's for dinner,  I will talk more about her later. :) Holding you in suspense.

At PC's Ashton made his first business deal with his Uncle Norris. :)

We just love this little baby! Tate is precious and when we get to snuggle him it's heaven.

Ashton had his very first baseball tryouts. It's getting serious now. Watch out! :)

We were driving home from MMA one night and the sunset was so pretty. Couldn't resist taking a picture. We were still driving the Tahoe we were renting. More on that in a bit too. :)

Ashton had a great season playing for the Heat with Coach Shawn and DAD. Ashton LOVES basketball and plays every waking moment.

Sierra went to a Valentine's Party at Chloe's house and she was dressed so darling I had to take her picture. We even did her hair in a heart. She has tiny hearts on her pants. She brought a candy apple as her gift to exchange, YUM!


Happy Valentine's Day! We had pink, heart pancakes for breakfast with chocolate chips.
I did the 14 days of Valentine's for Jake and the kids this year. This was the last one on the Martinelli. We got to drink Martinelli with our Chi Chi's dinner. Such a treat!


 For Ashton's class party I brought veggies and I cut the cucumbers into hearts. CUTE! (He asked me to...he's so clever!)

 Sierra went to the Valentine dance with her friends. They are SO darling! Ashton went to a birthday party sooo Jake and I went to dinner. Date night!!
 On February 24th Sierra met with the Bishop for her interview right before she turns 12. He came out and told me "she's wonderful!" She graduated Primary too! She walked the path and left the Primary room with all the Beehives. I was just a little emotional. :)
Shane spoke in Sacrament meeting that same day. We had a family dinner and Open House at our house that evening. So proud of Shane, so happy and excited for him!

Then on Tuesday night Sierra and I wrote down the 11 best things about being 11...
1. It's the time to prepare.
2. 1 year from being 12
3. mature A LOT!
4. start babysitting
5. declutter your room
6. 1 last primary program
7. 6th grade
8. enter middle school
9. start really thinking about the future
10. got to dances at school
11. time to get ready and gain a testimony

 Then on February 27th it happened, my baby girl turned 12. How did this happen?! All I can say is, it is a pleasure to be her mother, a true honor! I thank my Heavenly Father daily for sending this sweet angel to me. That truly is what she is! She is maturing into a beautiful young lady with such sweetness and kindness within her. She always has a desire to do what's right. She worries about what Heavenly Father thinks if she does something wrong. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel. She watches Mormon Messages in her free time. She is such a good example and is always silently teaching me how I can be better. I adore her! She brings love, joy and pure happiness to our home. Happy Birthday my darling girl! No matter how much you want to be grown up, you will always be my "baby girl!"
 We had a great day together! I helped in Ashton's class and then I grabbed her at lunchtime and we went to In N' Out. Then we went to the mall and I bought her some makeup. :0 Then Grammy came and bought her 3 pairs of shoes. :0
We went and got Ashton from school and went to Target to get her a makeup bag and got a frozen yogurt at Golden Spoon.
When we got home Sierra's room had been heart attacked. OH, how cute!!! The beehives did such a great job! She loved it and still to this day has all the hearts hanging up. I think they will have to come off on their own.


 When we got home from PC's we ate Sierra's giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for dessert.






 Sierra went to YW's for the first time on March 3rd. She was nervous but LOVED it! She went to her first mutual activity on March 5th. It was all the YW combined and they all wrote nice things about each other and put them in paper bags for each girl to bring home. She was nervous to go to mutual too but LOVED it!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Sierra was introduced by the Bishop on Sunday as the newest beehive. The Bishop said "she's a rockstar!" :) She said the 13th Article of Faith and did such a great job! She sat down next to me and said "that was SO scary! I'm still shaking!" :) She didn't even seem nervous.
Oops, these pancakes I made on Saturday after running with my mom, in honor of St. Patrick's Day.

 We fasted on Sunday for blessings for Aunt Suzie suffering from cancer. So, no fun breakfast on Sunday but we had everyone over for a fun St. Patty's Day dinner. Mom made pesto pasta and chicken and cabbage and a salad. Brenna brought asparagus and broccoli. I made homemade lemonade and colored it green. Sophi brought rainbow fruit kabobs. We had mint chip icecream for dessert. Sierra did a leprechaun scavenger hunt with the kids. We facetimed with Aunt Suzie and Uncle Mike and said a prayer with them to break our fast. Jake said the prayer and he was emotional, it was very sweet.



 In other news...We got my 4runner back and she just wasn't the same. Awful in fact. We had our Insurance adjuster come out and inspect and he found all kinds of things wrong with her since the accident, things that should have been fixed that weren't. He turned in his report and they decided to total our car, a total loss. (Should have done that from the start.) So last Wednesday they took my car away. It was bitter sweet. She was not nice to drive anymore but, we brought Ashton home from the hospital in that car when he was born and she kept us safe in the accident. She was a good car.
I got a new car, on Saturday. A newer 4runner, 2005 4x4 SR5. It was delivered from Tucson, Arizona, from a BMW dealership, yep we bought a car on-line. She's so beautiful and so nice to drive. I know I will grow attached to this one too. :)

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Love catching up on your family! You do so many fun things, such a good mom! We love Sierra in YW!!!