Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve!!!

Christmas Eve was spent at Mom's house as usual but this year there were 37 people. WOW!!! At one point I was yelling across the room at my sister just trying to tell her something but I couldn't even hear myself talk. :) The program was amazing! Sophi planned it all out and we reenacted the birth of christ, like we always do, while reading the story from Luke. But this year musical numbers were added (Miriam played the piano as we all sang a few songs, Tay played "Away in a Manger", Charlene sang a solo("What Child Is This") and Marshall played the guitar while Norris and Rich sang "We 3 Kings of Orient Are") as well as a Christmas story told by the prophet, Pres. Monson, from the 2008 Christmas devotional.






I was going to play "Away in a Manger" with Tay but I never practiced it so I told Sophi that night "oh, by the way I'm not playing with Tay".

Sophi: "what! You have to, you're on the program"


Vanessa:"to bad"


S:"you should have practiced"


V:"well, I didn't".


S:"fine, will you read the story?"


V:" will it make me cry?"


S: "it's okay if it does, it's better that way. It probably won't, it's not really a crying story"


V: "okay"


Well, I read the story and I did cry, Sophi forgot that at the end Pres. Monson bears his testimony of Christ and it was very touching and of course for Vanessa, emotional!


At least, at the end of the story when I looked up most of the room was crying too. :)











We had to have 2 "Mary's".















3 comments:

La Familia Young said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KickButtMommy said...

Wow! What a houseful! Sounds wo wonderful though.

Briana said...

2 Marys! I was laughing out loud when I saw that. Thanks for the pictures. Love it... you are busy posting too. Love you!