For Father's Day 2009, Jake requested an omelet with lots of stuff in it and potatoes. That is exactly what he got...and he got it in bed, lucky guy!!!
The kids helped! Sierra grated cheese, broke up bacon and cut up sausage links. She also put the avocado on top. :) Ashton squeezed his daddy some fresh orange juice, he's great at that job!
Daddy said it was a "MONSTER" omelet and he could only eat half of it. He finished it for lunch! :)
Daddy got a Fire Pit!!! The kids were so excited to give this to him along with other things they had made for him. The night before they were laying treasures out on the table and I helped them record a message in a Father's Day card (SO CUTE!) and they kept saying I can't wait till tomorrow. Father's Day is like Christmas! :)
We went to church and I taught Ashton's class, Briana called as we were leaving church and said she was going to the cemetary with Dad and Tori to put flowers on Papa's grave. We met them there and had a nice time. So funny, Briana was looking for the vase to put flowers in and there wasn't one so she dug a hole in the ground on top of his grave and stuck the flowers in that. SMART! We went to my Dad's for dinner and had yummy Lemon Cream Chicken, Salad (that I made), potatoes, and rolls (that Sophi made). Finished it off with homemade apple pie.Tonight, we used Daddy's Fire Pit for the first time. Grandma and Grandpa came over with cousin Kate, who is staying with them for the week. Grammy came up too. We roasted marshmellows and made s'mores. SO MUCH FUN!!! Some had Costco Apple Pie that Grandpa and Grandma brought over. Then we showed everyone our Wedding Video that we watched the other night. So wierd, everyone has changed so much in 10 years.



Then Sierra went with Grandma, Grandpa and Kate for a sleepover.I am grateful for the men in my life, Happy Father's Day!!!
4 comments:
So that's what we smelt the other night. The fire smelt so good, we just could'nt figure out where it was coming from. speaking of your anniversary, I was just going through some of my mom's old papers/ scrapbooking stuff trying to throw some away and I came across a pic of you and jake, it looks like an engagement pic.
Fire Pit! Smores Baby... I'm coming to your house next time we are in town. Happy Father's Day Jake.
I would love the chicken reciepe. Thanks your food always look so good. Lisa
Wow, Vanessa! I've never seen a prettier omlette than that one! I thought you were taking a picture of restaurant food and was very impressed to find out you made that yourself! I should have known better...you're a great cook!
Post a Comment