Monday, July 27, 2009

Beach Fun!!!

Today was a Beach FUN Day!!! We went to Point Dume with Mom, Briana and boys, Heather K. and boys, and Aunt Ruthie and kids. We always have so much fun at the beach, we just love it!!! When we first got there we started unloading the stuff and then cousin James came over and said that the waves were crashing right on the beach and it was kind of scary. I was cranky because then the decision was made to move down the beach where it appeared that the waves were not crashing quite so much right on the sand. So we loaded our stuff back in the car and drove down a ways. Then we got all situated on the beach and I told my kids to not go in the water until they had their sunblock on and they did not listen and went down to the water, they thought that's okay because they were only getting their feet wet. Well, I was cranky again because I was trying to put sunblock on wet legs. I think I need to RELAX. Once I did relax we had a great day except for the tantrum Ashton threw because I was trying to give him a timeout on the chair on the sand for not being nice to Nixon (he had taken things away from him several times) and I ended up needing to throw him over my shoulder, getting sand all over me and taking him to the car until he calmed down. He was being so naughty. I told him after he calmed down and apologized that he needed to come back to the blanket with me and eat something. He was hungry, he had eaten one thing and he doesn't ever want to eat at the beach because he is just to busy playing and my kids turn into monsters when they are hungry. After his time away and 1/2 a nectarine he played very nice and we had a great rest of our day.

With the help of cousin Sam the boys dug a giant hole and they played in it most of the day.



Sierra is running from the giant waves, the lifeguard told Mom and Aunt Ruthie that they were actually smaller then they have been the last 4 days!


She is so strong and loves the water so much she didn't mind that the waves were so huge. She was in the water most of the day. The waves knocked her down several times and she never cried, she just kept getting back up. One wave knocked her so hard that it flipped her over and it made me run to her but she came up with her ponytail all cockeyed and hair pulled up and out, sand covering her hair and body and she was smiling, so brave. A wave knocked Ashton and Nixon so hard that it knocked their feet out from under them and they went down and they were so brave too!








So cute of Mom and Andrew





MUSCLES!

Sierra and cousin Timmy are so cute together. They hang out and get along so great anytime we are together.

We saw a seal or sea lion...

and the boy's were checking him out or at least trying to see what Aunt Briana was pointing out to them. :)




SISTERS




Such a cute face! He was eating a chocolate chip cookie that I made and loving it!


The boy's were so excited when the water came high enough to fill their hole with water, it made a swimming pool.




We saw dolphins all day in the distance, there were tons of them just playing over here and then over there...and then, so AWESOME!!!! Dolphins came so close to shore, they were swimming in the waves. Everyone was freaking out! Sierra and Timmy were out in the water and the dolphins swam right in front of them. Sierra came to me and said, "mom I saw a shark!" Me: No honey they are dolphin's. Sierra: They are huge!


2 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Thanks for letting me tag along .. that was so fun.

Bubbles said...

I love that beach! I love the water, and yes there were dolphins there when we went too! We should go together sometime! I think we're going on Friday. Wanna come? Zuma though. I know, we just went, but my sister and brother are in town so I thought I should take them