Saturday, September 25, 2010

24 hours


WE DID IT! The Young Women and leaders read the Book of Mormon in 24 hours. We started at 5 on Friday evening and ended at 5 on Sat. evening. We had to skip a few chapters to make it and will have to read those on our own but it was a great experience, IT WAS HARD! But a great experience! Different readers came throughout the 24 hours and that mixed it up and made it more interesting. My mom and Chris and even Shane came in the wee hours of the am. Nate came the next day as Jesus and read in 3rd Nephi Ch. 11 when Christ came and spoke, I narrated. I only got about 20 minutes of sleep in the whole 24 hours. :)



It was powerful looking at the room full of girls with their scriptures open. At about 4:30 pm on Sat. the Bishop came and the tone of the room changed. The Spirit came and it was my favorite part. After Moroni (Stan Edwards) came and read Ch. 10. The Bishop asked each of us to say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father if this book is true. POWERFUL! Then Sister Edwards bore her testimony of the Book of Mormon and then the Bishop bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon. The spirit was so STRONG! We sang the Spirit of God and then prayed. The last few hours were hard but I loved spending the time with the girls and reading the Book of Mormon.

4 comments:

meg said...

It was a *great* experience! I'm so glad we were there together Vanessa! All our girls are so awesome - they totally ROCK! And Kerrie and everyone else involved worked so hard to make sure it was a good experience. The diet Coke helped a lot too - hahaha :D

cathyg said...

Very cool! I have wondered if it was possible to read it in 24 hours, now I know!

TheKeilShpeel said...

LOVE those pics. What an awesome experience.

Briana said...

AWESOME!!