"Happy Mother's Day Mommy, I love you!"

We got to do centers together. Ashton had already drawn a picture of me, I just needed to draw a picture of him and then we painted each others hands and made handprints. When we were sitting to do handprints I asked Ashton if we should have a yellow background paper and he said "no mommy, we should have pink because pink is your favorite color!" OHHHH! What sweetness!
.jpg)
They hatched butterflies in their class and today we got to release them...so fun!


.jpg)
They hatched butterflies in their class and today we got to release them...so fun!

"Goodbye butterflies!"
Ashton made me a very special plate, I also got a special card shaped as a dress and a keychain that says I (heart) you!

So many emotions have arisen today! I love Mother's Day but at the same time it is emotional! My kids are so so sweet and want to do so much for me. Sierra helped me clean the bathrooms yesterday. They have been hiding out in Sierra's room making things for me. There was a poem read today at our tea that struck something inside me. It was called "Leave Me at the Door." It was all about starting Kindergarten and growing up and slowly leaving mommy's side and it made me sad. My baby is starting big time school in the fall, I'm not ready! I still cry every year my Si moves up a grade and I leave her at school. Now they are both leaving me! I adore my kids, yes they make me crazy but I still ADORE them! I LOVE being a MOM!
Ashton made me a very special plate, I also got a special card shaped as a dress and a keychain that says I (heart) you!
So many emotions have arisen today! I love Mother's Day but at the same time it is emotional! My kids are so so sweet and want to do so much for me. Sierra helped me clean the bathrooms yesterday. They have been hiding out in Sierra's room making things for me. There was a poem read today at our tea that struck something inside me. It was called "Leave Me at the Door." It was all about starting Kindergarten and growing up and slowly leaving mommy's side and it made me sad. My baby is starting big time school in the fall, I'm not ready! I still cry every year my Si moves up a grade and I leave her at school. Now they are both leaving me! I adore my kids, yes they make me crazy but I still ADORE them! I LOVE being a MOM!I thank my Father in Heaven for sending me my two beautiful children.
3 comments:
What cute little activities, love having hand prints of my kids. I get sad too as my kids get bigger, its all so bittersweet.
It was such a nice day. We are blessed to have these little people in our lives. Aren't we?
Oh Vanessa..... this post really brought tears to my eyes. Those sweet little times are sooo special and they do go by sooo fast. I miss them very, very much. I absolutely adored the pictures you and Ashton drew, and both your handprints nearly did me in. In everything you do, it is so evident how much you love being a mother and how much you love Sierra and Ashton. Just to look at the photos of how you smile at them... it's just precious. They are so very blessed to have you as their mother, and you are so blessed to have them as your sweet children :)
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment