On Tuesday, January 20, 2009 Tay and I had the priviledge of going to see the filming of a Disney show, Wizards of Waverly Place. My friend, Cathy and her 2 boys came along with us. We had the best time. During the filming they will take lots of breaks so we had 2 warm up guys entertaining us a majority of the time. At one point they were asking the audience to show some of their talents, for ex. anyone who likes to sing or dance. Well, my daughter was waving her hand in the air and they chose her to come over. She jumped right up and they put the microphone in front of her mouth and asked her what her name is, she of course told them with quite enthusiasm. Then they asked her what she was going to do for them. She said, "I'm going to sing!" They then asked her "what are you going to sing" she said "I don't know." Then the bell rang and it was time to be quite because they were going to film a scene. So Tay sat down on the steps where she was standing. When the lights came back on one of the warm up guys said "I was talking with Tay during the break, which I know were not supposed to do because the microphone's are very sensitive, and she said that her favorite musical is Wicked". Everyone in the audience seemed to agree that Wicked is GREAT! He continued on and said "so she wants to sing a song from Wicked, what song are you going to sing?" Tay says, "Popular". They said "Great, go for it". She pauses and says "I can't remember how it starts". They say "who knows how it starts" and several people from the audience including the warm up guys start singing "Popular...". Then Tay starts in and sings a few lines from the song. She was so cute!!! When she was done she got a ticket for the raffle but she never won a prize. :) When she came back to her seat she said, "Mom I was so embarrassed because even the stars of the show down there were watching me!" I was so proud of her, how brave she was and how great she sang! She has such a sweet voice!What a great experience to watch a TV show be made! We saw them mess up, Tay said to me "I think it's funny when they mess up!"
Half way through the filming we got a snack which was a tiny piece of pizza and a water bottle that had a Wizard's label on it. We also got candy thrown at us. We were very well entertained!
When the show was over we got to go down on the set and meet the stars and get autographs and take pictures. We had so much fun!!!
Selena Gomez plays "Alex" on the show and after this pic was taken Tay looked up at her and said, "You're my favorite!" Selena then gave Tay a big hug and said "Thank you so much, I don't deserve that!" Selena was so sweet with Tay.
Tay with "Justin". She says "he's funny!".jpg)
Tay with "Max" and our two friends that came with us.

Tay with "Harper". On the show she is "Alex's" best friend.

This is "Baxter". On this particular show he played a weather man whom "Justin" wanted as his mentor and throughout the show Justin was trying to help him.
This is the kitchen of the Sub Shop that the "Russo" family owns.
We were lucky enough to get a pic of the cast and Tay was able to have everyone sign it.She also got a poster of the 3 kids; Justin, Alex and Max.
Here we are sitting at the bar in the Sub Shop.
5 comments:
That looks seriously fun!
we had the best time didn't we? Glad you invited us!!!
What a fun day! I am glad you had fun. I found your blog off of Melinda's, very cute!
That's awesome. How did you get to do that!? So jealous
Very cute!!! WOW!!! SiSi is totally BRAVE...I'm so impressed with her:)
Post a Comment