
Jake even made a fried egg, just like I like it with the yoke still runny and some bacon. I was very impressed. I asked Jake how he made bacon, I didn't buy bacon. He told me he went to the store at midnight when I was sleeping. He's a good man, taking good care of his woman.:) Ashton stayed in my room with me while I was eating and I started to get full so he helped me finish.

I crawled out of bed to go open a few presents. Sierra couldn't wait any longer. She was so excited to give me my gifts. So cute!
We are off to church. I told Ashton earlier in the week what I wanted from him for Mother's Day. He said, "what mommy?" I want you to go up on the stand and sing the Mother's Day songs with Sierra and all of the other children. (He was shy all the previous years and would not go up there.) He said "okay mom, I will." He did go up there with his sister and they both sang the words to the songs and I was smiling and glowing the whole time.
Our church meeting was so great! I was laughing and crying and the spirit was definately present. Shellie Reeve's words were wonderful and she said one thing that stuck and was so powerful and emotional. She said all week her children were asking her what she wanted for Mother's Day and she said (I'm paraphrasing) all I want is that my children are nestled in the hands of the Lord.
I love being a mom, my children are a great blessing in my life!
4 comments:
What a great post. I love the details. Thanks for sharing!
Vanessa, I love your post about Mother's Day! You are as sweet as I remember you! My girls (who are 9) have only gone up to sing one time, I think (except for the Primary Program...)they just don't want to! I am glad Ashton gave you the gift you wanted! I think that families are the best thing we have!
Great pictures Vanessa! It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day:) Hope the waffles were good! I have a recipe for Pumpkin Waffles that is wonderful. I may have given it to you a long time ago...can't remember now:) Is that the one you used??? Or the one from my blog?
I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! I love how Jake is honest and says he doesn't know how to make waffles.. Makes me wonder if Hunter would have "winged" it! I didn't know you like fresh OJ. You know, we have an orange tree in our frontyward. I just picked up like 30 of them and there's still a bunch on top! If they seem good by next weekend, I could send over with Terry and Janelle. Anyhow, great post! Your kids are cute
Post a Comment