My step-brother, Blake's birthday was yesterday. He is currently serving a mission for our church in New Mexico. This is his most recent email that he sends home weekly. He is so great and we are all so proud of him. He called on Mother's day and it was great to hear his voice. Happy Birthday Blake, hope your day was great!!!! You deserve all the best!
Transfer 7 - Week 1Familia,So big news out of Rio Rancho this week! I told you last week that ElderThomas and I would be staying together for another transfer... Well that'sstill true but with one minor addition. ANOTHER COMPANION!!! I wasflabbergasted when I got the call from the assistants that Elder Knightwould be joining us for the transfer. You see, Elder Knight was supposed togo up to Crown Point (Deep Reservation) with another Elder, but due to some"complications" he will be spending the transfer with Elder Thomas and I.I'm not going to lie, it'll be tougher; doing things in threes is a lot moreawkward than in twos. It wouldn't seem like it's that big of a deal, but itis! Elder Knight and Thomas were companions in the MTC, so I am senior overboth of them. Which means two more eyes watching me and two more earslistening to everything I say. It'll be an interesting transfer to say theleast and I'll hope everyday that the assistants call to tell me ElderKnight has been re-assigned to a different area (not because I don't likehim, just because it's overwhelming).Well once we all got over the initial shock of the three-some we were ableto settle down and realize that all our investigators were sick this week!It was so frustrating; we were going to set a baptismal date and commit another to baptism, but everyone and their dog was sick all week! Which left a lot of time to tract this week... And since we have three now, all we need is one priest age guy to go with us so we can "split" and get twice theamount of work done. So we wound up with a good handful of returnappointments that we're excited to go see this week. It was good to go outand find some people though, as tiring and frustrating as it can be. It mademe realize and appreciate the weeks that we have a ton of appointments.Well with my birthday a week away we have already made plans to attend anIsotopes game next Monday! I've invited like everyone I know and it shouldbe a BLAST! They are the Dodgers AAA affiliate team so I'll know a number ofthe players and it's the closest thing I'll get to a Dodger game for thenext 15 months! Also Clayton, a single guy from my old ward offered to takeme out to where ever I want so I think we're headed to Tucano's! The bestBrazilian grill north of the Equator! Norris and Brenna know what I'mtalking about! Anyway it should be a fun day and I'm so excited it's on aP-Day.So like I said, this transfer should be interesting having TWO companions. Ikind of feel an extra responsibility has been placed on me, but at the sametime it could just be a mistake too! It's crazy having two juniors who arealways looking at you for what to do and try and replicate things that Iteach. I hate saying all this but it's how I feel, it's kind ofoverwhelming. You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be praying TWICE as hardthis transfer, there's no other way I'll be able to do it. With His helpthis can be a great transfer of learning and growth, without it could be along and not so good a time. I'm anxious for this opportunity and am readyto do whatever I can to make it happen! Sorry if I'm not making a whole lotof sense right now, I guess I'm still processing it all. Anyway I love you guys and miss you guys TONS! I wish I could come home justfor this weekend. Mother's Day, my birthday, it would be PERFECT! But I gotwork to do here now, so this is one of two I'll miss with you guys. Keep onkeepin on and I will TALK with you soon! Till Sunday...All my love,Elder Mendenhall
Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment