Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday...

Today was a full day! Jake wanted Coffee Cake for breakfast, and I said sounds great but I don't have any Bisquick. He said that he would go get some. While he was gone I cuddled with Ashton and watched Spongebob while Sierra was doing Webkinz on the computer and then I decided we should squeeze some fresh orange juice. So YUMMY!!! Jake was gone an hour and when he finally got home he came with everything but Bisquick (I only sent him for Bisquick). "Oh man, I thought you said Baking Soda, I'll be right back!" He came home with Bisquick and Sunflowers! :) We then ate delicious Coffee Cake! Then outside we all went to do yard work. Worked for about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. The kids were helping too. Sierra was sweeping and weeding and Ashton was weeding and picking up leaves with the dust pan and putting them in the green waste trash can. Sometimes he would miss the trashcan completely and all the leaves would poor back onto the ground. I would say,"Oops, try again". When we were nearing the finish the kids were collecting snails with leaves on a Frisbee. :) Later this afternoon we went to the library for Astronomy day and built a telescope, tonight we tried to use our new telescope to look at the moon and it was very tricky. If you got it in the lens it would move right out, that stick'n moon! I think we were a bit to wiggly. We checked out a few fun books at the library too. After the library we went to Red Robin for dinner. We came home and read books and watched "Bedtime Stories" as a family. A nice Saturday!

7 comments:

La Familia Young said...

I told Rosa that I could see myself being gone a half hour and forgetting the bisquick but an hour? Also, try the teriyaki chicken sandwhich at Red Robin, it's delicious! -Hunter-

KickButtMommy said...

That sounds like a great day, Vanessa! You are such a good mom!

Bubbles said...

What a perfect day! I'll have to ask you your secrets to getting your kids to do yard work. We try that every Sat too. It can be pretty painful at times.

Melinda said...

Sounds great! I miss a yard that we can work in :)

Cate said...

sounds like a great family day!

The 6-S Ranch said...

That's too funny about the Bisquick!

Briana said...

http://sublimecreations.blogspot.com/2008/01/sour-cream-coffee-cakeyummy.html

I love to find recipes online, so I would trust this coffee cake recipe next time you are out of bisquick... even though bisquick coffee cake is so much easier. Right now I'm looking for a good way to cook artichoke without boiling it... Roast or Bar-B- Q.