Today we took another family bike ride but this time we went on the paseos and we rode over to The Habit for lunch and then we rode back to Terry and Janelle's and finished our adventure at the park. We had a great time once again. We had a scare with Ashton! We were going up and down the bridges. The first bridge he did fine coming down I was right next to him and he was using his brakes to slow himself down. However, on the second bridge he started to go down by himself and I noticed that he was starting to pick up speed. I was yelling from behind him "Brakes, push back on your brakes!" I was riding on Janelle's bike again and I wasn't on it when Ashton started down so I dropped the bike and started running. He was not pushing on his brakes and he started going faster and faster. He was getting ready to hit the first speed bump and I thought for sure he was going to crash. He didn't, he bumped over it and picked up speed to then hit the next speed bump. I could hear him freaking out saying "MOM!" but I couldn't get to him. He made it to the bottom of the hill and slowed down to a stop. He never crashed! He was scared but he never crashed! Terry was riding next to him and staying close but didn't know what to do because he didn't want to make him crash. I think he did good just staying with him. Jake was right behind me on his bike, I was running pretty fast! It also helps when your running down hill. :) We finally reached him and said "why didn't you push back on your brakes?" He started crying. :( I just hugged him. When he calmed down we asked him again. "Why didn't you use your brakes?" He said "because I was going to fast they weren't working". I think once he started to pick up speed he freaked out and forgot how to do his brakes or he wasn't pushing on them hard enough. The whole experience got our hearts going and I was pretty shakey for a little while. When we all started going again Sierra said,"I can't help but blame myself". What? She then said "I wanted to go this way". I said "Oh, honey not your fault" then Jake said "I wanted to go this way, so don't worry about it." Poor baby, she is so protective of her brother, so sweet and so sensitive!




Over the other side of this hill is where Ashton goes speedy. Jake was helping Ashton get up the hill. Sierra was always up at the front. Ashton said to her at lunch "Si Si don't go so fast, I need to be in the front too."
We found this little playground after Ashton's downhill racing and as you can tell it didn't take him long to get over his scare.



We got to The Habit and while Daddy was ordering food we were playing with the camera. Sierra took this picture of me and Ashton.

Ashton took this picture of Sierra and it actually is very cute!

I was taking pictures of Jake while he was eating and I was laughing because I thought I was catching some funny faces... then I got a cute one because he flashed a smile while I was laughing.


When we finished our ride we played at the park.




2 comments:
That is our favorite family outing right there. A perfect day...minus the almost bike crash! how scary. Looks like Jake will have to get you a bike for your birthday!
what a fun day and The Habit is always a great treat.
Post a Comment