Saturday, February 21, 2009

Run for Fitness

Today was the School District's annual Run for Fitness. Sierra participated last year and had so much fun that she wanted to do it again this year. I asked her a few weeks ago and this was her response, "Will I get another medal?" I said "yes", she replied "yes I want to do it!" I do have to say that this morning when it was time to get ready to go she had a bad attitude and didn't want to go. I told her "to bad". Even on the drive over there she was making little comments and I have to admit I got mad and told her that exercise is good for her and she was going to do this. The kids all did a warm-up with a Jazzercise instructor and Sierra did it reluctantly and when she came back to me she was ready to cry. Then right before her race they did a stretch and she was fine during that. She had to do 2 laps around the grass area. She said that during the second lap she started to run out of breath. She only walked for a tiny bit during the second lap. She did so GREAT!!! When she was done her attitude had totally changed, she was so happy. There is something about running that when you get your endorphins going it makes you happy!!! I know from experience and I witnessed it with my own daughter. I asked her when she was done "was that fun?" and she said "yes".

Heading over to the flags (that Mrs. Sparks and Ms. C were holding) to start the race. She is still not to happy.

She was running so fast and so GREAT!

She finished the race and got her medal. SHE'S HAPPY! :)

Ashton wanted to do the apple and banana toss and when he threw this apple it went in the net. He did GREAT! He got others in the hole as well.

Sierra's teacher, Mrs. Diaz, was there passing out medals to the kids as they finished the race. Sierra loves her teacher and loved seeing her there.





2008 Run for Fitness


Before the race.

After the race! She did great and ran so fast and ran the whole time!
Sierra was so sweet and let her brother wear her medal.

The kids got to go in the ambulance and get their blood pressure taken.


They got a chance to sit in the Deputy's car too.




1 comment:

Cate said...

good job Sierra! I like your medal.