I am grateful that we don't have nights like last night all to often! At about 4:30pm Ashton started acting like he was not feeling well and really tired. He was lying around the kitchen floor while I was cooking dinner. We had our friends, the Everitt's, over for dinner so I was busy putting the house together and starting dinner. I put him on the couch and turned on Spongebob. I put a bowl next to him just in case. At about 4:45pm he threw up in the bowl. He threw up 2 more times after that but before 5:30pm. Once on the floor of the kitchen (thank heavens for tile floor) and again in the toilet (he happened to be going pee and needed to puke). He wanted to go to bed so I put his jammies on and put him in bed. He was asleep within a minute. The Everitt's came at 6:00pm and right after we blessed the food I went to check on Ashton. He was lying there with his eyes open and started to gag I quickly sat him up and he threw up in his bowl. He wanted to stay in his bed. Jake and I both would go check on him and ask him if he wanted to come out with us and he would say "can I just stay in my bed?". He continued to throw up every hour or half hour until about 3:00am, then we were able to sleep. He just threw up again this morning after drinking a Isagenix protein shake, were not done yet.
To add to the mess Jake woke me up at about midnight and told me Sierra is throwing up. OH MY GOODNESS! I went in her bathroom and she was throwing up in the sink. YUCK! There was a bit on her carpet too so while I was in the bathroom with her holding her hair back and putting it in a rubberband Jake was cleaning the carpet then, Ashton comes out and is kind of freaking out in the hallway. While Sierra was still throwing up in the sink I ran in Ashton's room and grabbed his bowl and held it under his mouth, he started throwing up. Jake was down scrubbing the carpet and we look at each other and start laughing. At least we can find humor in a crazy, disgusting situation!
Vegan Crepes
3 weeks ago
4 comments:
Oh my goodness Vanessa. You deserve a medal for being the throw-up cleaner of the YEAR!!! You are such a great example of patience and how to turn a "messy" situation into laughter! Good job! Love you.
SO Sorry! That sounded horrible!! I hope everyone is feeling better today! Let me know if you need anything!!
Oh man i have no idea what i would do! To Me that is priceless that you guys looked at each other and started laughing:) Im glad you guys can do that to:)
Parenthood is so glamorous, huh?
Post a Comment