Monday, February 23, 2009

T is the Letter of the Week!

Last week Ashton and I talked about the letter Tt. We aren't going in order, I just ask him on Sunday's "what letter do you want to talk about next week?" and he tells me.

We watched "T"homas the "T"rain.

Then we made a Thomas the Train, with cotton balls for the smoke stack and Penne Pasta for the Train Track. We even put the #1 on the engine (that is Thomas' #)

We made a watered down paste and he got to paint it on the wax paper and then we put ripped up tissue paper all over the glue and we put the Tt's in the middle and a frame around the edge and then Ashton got to practice writing the letter T on the frame. It looks like stained glass when you hold it up to the light so we taped it to our sliding glass door and we get to look at the letter Tt all the time. :)


We also got to watch the "T"rash "T"ruck.
Ashton enjoyed learning about the letter Tt because he loves trains and trucks.

3 comments:

Cate said...

you amaze me -with all you have to do , how do you have the time to also teach? you are awesome!

La Familia Young said...

I second that!! Where do you find the time?? You must be a good multi-tasker :) I am so happy to see how much time you spend on the kids. I hope I can do the same with mine :) Take care!

The 6-S Ranch said...

Wow! You need to open your own pre-school or write a book or something:)